The Syder Cup 2014
The Inaugural Event!
- Through a desire to support each others charity golf days, the idea of a charity v charity Ryder Cup style event was born!
- After many emails, drinks, discussions over venues, dates, agreeing numbers and format, we finally landed at Lingfield Park Golf Course, where "the boy Sunny " got us a fantastic deal!! A massive thank you to Sunny Sangha for all his efforts, very much appreciated!
- The event started with drinks and dinner on the Thursday evening (14th August) followed by more drinks which rumour has it finished around 2am on the 15th!!
- Breakfast saw quite a few blurry eyed golfers turn up in time for the first tee at 8.18am, which saw the start of 6 pairs matches over 18 holes. After the morning session, the MNDA Team were 4 – 2 ahead.
- Buggies should have allowed for a leisurely lunch but to no avail, the afternoon singles matches started at 2pm with some taking their lunch with them straight to the first tee!
- The afternoon saw some close matches with some being taken up the last hole, matches 7 & 8 going to the NET Patient Fdn Team, bringing the scores back to 4 – 4.
- Matches 9 & 10 were shared one going either way so we were now 5 – 5 (9.5 reqd for a win!) 11 & 12 were won by MNDA, 13 By Net Patient Fdn, it was now 7 – 6!!
- 14 & 15 were won by MNDA again, with 16 going to NET Patient Fdn, 9 – 7 with 2 games to play!!
- Unfortunately for NET Patient Fdn Team, both went to MNDA who ran out 11 – 7 winners!
- Many thanks to all who took part, and a special thanks for the organisers, Sunny in particular. A repeat event is already being planned for 2015!
- And last but not least, final figures to be confirmed but roughly £480 raised and split between the 2 charities. Until next year, when hopefully we'll raise more with the Sky Sports coverage………………..!
Syder Cup Results
Syder Cup Points Winners
Syder Cup Prizes
The Trophy Presentation